EPG is a multi-year, interdisciplinary program that seeks to teach Berea students skills in Entrepreneurial Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship. Every year, 20 students are admitted into the program and for 7 weeks during the summer. They attend classes, travel across the Appalachian region and work on economic development projects in the region.
In addition to the wonderful experiences, each student also receives a $3,000 stipend and 2 class credits (Afr Amer, Appl, Wmn Perspective & Active Learning Perspective).
Deadlines & Important Dates
- Deadline of application: Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016 midnight EST
- Interview notification: by Dec. 5, 2016
- Interview: Dec 12 – Dec 16
- Final Decision: by Jan 10
- In the Spring semester, all new EPG students are required to attend All-Hand Dinners biweekly.
Two items are needed for an application to be complete.
- An online application (Tip: work on your short essays in Word before pasting it in the website form).
- Two recommendation forms filled out by Berea faculty/staff
Students who pass the first round will have a chance to be interviewed by a panel of faculty and staff. Please come to the interview with your resume.